The end of February snuck up on us–it ended so abruptly! But that just means we have more houses to choose from this month for our House of the Month post! Disclaimer: We love all of the houses we stage–vacant and occupied! However, I think the one that stands out this month is: 9501 Hayden Creek Ct. This beautiful home is near Norton Commons and recently went on the market with Jon Mand of Lenihan Sotheby’s International Realty. It’s actually open THIS Sunday (April 3) from 2-4 if you want to check it out in person.
You’ll see the amazing transformation that our team created in this vacant home by neutralizing the walls and adding pops of color in various places throughout the house. If you haven’t noticed yet, that’s kind of our M.O.
How can YOU create a neutral palette like this one to sell your home Fast and for Top Dollar?
1. Call Reflections of You, by Amy, of course. 🙂 We have added members to our team and are more than ready to stage and market your home!
2. Think of what prospective buyers want to see in your home. Your crown molding? YES! Your toothbrushes and dirty laundry? NOT SO MUCH.
3. Think about what season it is. If it’s summer, pack up alllll the winter things around the house. Not only will this clear up some space in the coat closet (thus accentuating the space and maximizing organization revealing a well-maintained home), but you’ll also get a head start on the packing.
4. Since it’s officially Spring, think about the dreaded Spring cleaning. Begin to clear items from closets, bathrooms and under beds that you can donate* and/or store. Again, this will give you a jump start on the packing! When your home is under contract within 30 days, you’ll be glad you’re half packed!
*We’ve got contacts for donations!
5. Finally, take a quick walk around the house….with a magnifying glass. Are there scratches on the door frame where your dogs get too excited? Spots on the carpet where the cat had kittens? What about that small gray animal affectionately named “dust bunny” growing bigger each month on the top of your ceiling fan? Try to find the things you don’t normally see (or have time to deal with) and devote a weekend or two fixing them up.
We’re trained to look for all of these little details (and more!) and actually create an elaborate report, including a punch list, for you to check off as you’re implementing it. It’s the real deal!
Happy Spring Break, everyone! Many of our team members will still be in town this coming week, so if you want to schedule a consultation, call or email us!